Monday, October 8, 2012

37 Years . . .

Yes, I have been missing for a while now.
We have had a huge life change and have sold our farm.
For 37 years, we have plowed . . .
 . . . planted . . . 
. . . harvested . . .
. . . eaten dust . . .


. . . planned . . .
. . . sweat . . . 
. . . created . . .
. . . and enjoyed a few hundred "Happy Hours."
For 37 years, we have been amazed . . .
. . . we have been in awe. . .



 . . . and we have gone through 3 hammocks!
We have cursed the bugs . . .
We have feared the fires . . .
. . . and choked on the smoke 
 . . . and stood as the ash rained down.
New Years Eve, we have eaten off the basement floor . . .


We have remodeled . . .

. . . and camped in the dining room for a month while we did!  
We still play with some of the best friends one could ever wish for. . .
Summer . . .

. . . and winter!



We have shivered . . .
. . . and shoveled . . .
 . . . and shoveled . . . 
. . . and shoveled . . .
We have laughed, cried, worried, rejoiced and worked daylight to way past dark.

It's time to call it a day and move on to the next phase of our life.

Right now, we are madly packing, boxing, wrapping, and stacking.  We leave Idaho on October 14.  Why am I up late at night blogging?  I am so excited I have a hard time sleeping.  I am like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

Friends and neighbors hosted an Open House for us and we got to say good by to folks--some we have known all our lives.  Today we had 23 people drop by to say good by.  I have started keeping the laptop and a U.S. atlas on the kitchen counter so I can show them photos of our new house and the map of the 1,871 mile trek we are making in a few days.

Stay tuned . . .

15 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

How very exciting! Take care on your journey.
I look forward to hearing more
Cheers
Linda

Jen said...

Wow, how exciting for you. What an adjustment this will be in your life, all for the best I hope. Good luck and hope the move goes smoothly.
Jen
AK

Nancy said...

The photos in this post are gorgeous, simply breath-taking. Leaving behind a place where you have so much emotional attachment is going to be difficult, but what wonderful adventures you will have in your new locale.

Safe travels to your new home.

corina said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures! It must be hard to leave such a beautiful place while at the same time so very exciting! Good luck on your move. Looking forward to see your new home. Congratulations!

Alycia said...

Amazing photos - and awesome memories!! Here;s to the next phase!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Good luck. I'll be driving home from a family reunion when you leave. Enjoy the move.

Diane E W said...

So much can happen in 37 years, thanks for sharing the ups and downs. I am still in awe at the snow. I have never seen that much snow. I wouldn't know what to do with that much snow. The fires, oh my. But the beauty of the land is amazing. (I'm still in awe about the snow) It will be hard to leave but think of what's ahead of you. You won't have "The Bunkhouse" which I thought was so cute. You'll have to come up with a new name for the place where you do your amazing work. Safe travel to you and I hope this new journey gives you many years of memories.

Terri said...

What beautiful pictures you have taken over those years. I can't wait to see where you are going.
Hugs

LynCC said...

What a fabulous post, Ann. You have some truly spectacular photos of your farm and your life there.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing the great photos for a glimpse of your life. Good luck with the move and I'll look forward to seeing you on the flip side:)

Rose said...

Ah, gee, here you are happy and I have tears in my eyes....and I don't even know you. I guess it takes me back to leaving Tennessee...twice. First, single and still a teen for a few more months...the second time as wife after we had moved down there for a year and half...

I hope your move is easy and that is everything you expect and more.

lizardcreekquilter said...

May the Lord grant you safe travels as you start this new adventure in your life!!!

Michelle said...

What a touching post...thank you for sharing a glimpse in to your life. I wish you all the best for the next chapter of your life in Ohio!

Pattilou said...

Ann, what a bittersweet post. I almost cried as you shared your life through your touching pictures. How wonderful to be able to sell and move and create new memories. Your post reminds me of the many thing our son and his family enjoy in Idaho! Beautiful clear skies, lots of outdoors and for you a lifetime. Best wishes in your new adventures!

Doniene said...

Ann, I missed this post! What a wonderful photo journal!!! What a blessed life! Thanks for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...