Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Plowing up the fields

My client made this quilt for her grandson.  He will graduate this spring and has been in the field helping his Dad and Grandfather since he was able to walk!

I loved the look of Shannon's contour design I saw over on her piecefulkwilter blog.  I love everything this lady does and check out her quilt blog almost daily.  She calls this her topo meander.  I think it's a perfect fit for this "farming" quilt.

John Deere Tractors, green, yellow, brown and black.

The prints reminded me of tractor wheels, planted rows, and assorted fields: green- growing crops, yellow-ready to harvest, brown-ready to plant.

The back!
I quiltied the top and bottom with black thread--interesting that the thread hardly shows at all on the back, even close up.  I guess the eye is too busy looking at the checkered fabric!

1 comment:

  1. that looks great!!! the quilting is perfect for the quilt!

    -shannon
    ps. thanks for the linky love :)

    happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...