Friday, March 24, 2017

I Spy Baby Quilt

Finished this I Spy quilt last night.
I just did a simple stitch in the ditch with a fun squiggle down the sashing.

I have 2 bolts of this yummy dark chocolate minky...
...and since it is for a little boy, I cut a piece for the backing.  




I explored my thread colors and finally came up with this So Fine thread called "Sagebrush"t hat really blended with all the colors.  I used it top and back, because it never shows your color on minky anyway.








6 comments:

  1. Your I Spy quilt is absolutely darling. This is a great way to use up kid fabric scraps. I was wondering if you used a bat in the quilt or just went with the minky and your pieced top. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt - I want to make an eye spy quilt one day... one day :) I love the way you did the wiggly stitch, it looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice boy's quilt - minky is so awesome as a backing, and I really like using the wavy line for quilting sometimes. Looks perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I always use batting with Minky. I used Hobbs 80/20 here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilt! A little one will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright colors and fun feature fabrics -a win/win!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...