Friday, August 18, 2017

Ohio University Quilt - Done!

Just in the nick of time!
The caravan leaves in the morning to take my granddaughter back to OU for her sophomore year.


When you use square pattern like a Carpenter Star and need an extra-long twin for the dorm...


...you start adding borders!


 I bought a t-shirt from the OU Bookstore and used it for the center logo.
 Love how the forest green fabric matched!


After some deliberation in my fabric stash of backings, 
she picked out a bolt of beige Minky for the backing.


How fun is this?

Makes me want to head back to school too!















4 comments:

  1. That is really awesome! What a great idea to use a t-shirt for the center. I would've tried to figure out how to appliqué it - duh! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so amazing!! It will be loved!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...