Friday, February 12, 2010

Welcome~

For 35 years, we have been living on and farming my husband's grandfather’s homestead: we raise alfalfa dairy hay and wheat. We live 60 miles from a major town and 28 miles from a post office and school. We have 3 grown children and 5 grandchildren.

I am a cancer survivor. No, I am a cancer warrior! The word “survivor” doesn’t sound fierce enough! The dictionary says to survive--you have to endure, stay alive, live to tell the tale, continue to exist, and carry on . . . activities that, to me, are way too passive. Warriors do battle with, engage in conflict with, fight with, have warfare with and confront their adversary. I feel like a Warrior!

In 2006, we remodeled the old farmhouse sitting on our property and turned it into a sewing and quilting studio. Talk about a learning curve! I learned to use a chop saw and a table saw. I learned to mud, tape, and texture walls and ceilings. I learned to do finish wood working. With the help of some super neighbors, we poured 140 feet of cement for a new sidewalk. I learned to trowel cement. Hey, this makes me tired just talking about our experience. Then, when we got the building done, I had to spend the better part of a year learning how to quilt on my new machine!

However, with all that behind me, I hear the angels sing every time I walk over and enter the BunkHouse! . . . and so begins the story....

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging...look forward to seeing your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to bloggy land also!

    thanks for sharing your stories! look forward to reading them....*ppsst* i love pictures... :)
    shannon 'doodlebug'

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...