Sunday, July 16, 2017

Clothesline Quilt is Done

Once I got all the orphan blocks quilted, I just had fun quilting.

These blocks were all done by a lady who is deceased.  I was given them, along with her fabric stash several years ago.  I used some of her blocks for a couple of wedding quilts for her granddaughter and grandson. You can see those quilts here and  here.  

Other than my thread, this entire quilt was made from her fabrics.  The size, design and color were dictated by that factor.
These cute blue birds are made from the scrap of blue silk I found in her stash.
The clothesline is maroon.  That was the darkest color I could find in her fabrics.
I had this single flour sack block with an appliqued tulip.
Hmm....it took me a few days to decide how to work it into the quilt.
It's appliqued to the very bottom of the quilt with a row of ghosted tulips.


While the most diverse and interesting blocks are hanging on the clothes line, the 4 blocks that were the most similar are inserted into the backing.

The floral backing has some blue so it looks quilt nice with front.
The binding is a piece of blue/white shirting. 
Here you can see it all together with my sweet new satin labels.
First time I have used them.
Flip side:
How fun is that?


I made this to give to this lady's daughter as she recently lost her husband.
This completely uses up all the vintage blocks I have been given.
 I am so glad I was able to put them to good use. 









4 comments:

  1. What a great way to use those orphan blocks, and, to give it to her daughter, is the best. Your quilting is stunning! Don't you just love the labels? I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous and will be such a comfort to her daughter. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful - and the quilting! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous quilt! I love the ghost tulips.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...