Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quilt of Valor

This Quilt of Valor was pieced by Billie S. of Oregon.  This was her first quilt for Quilts of Valor.  I am honored to quilt it for her--and what a fun quilt it was!  Tomorrow, it will be shipped to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.


I just finished putting the binding on but did not have much sun to take really great contrast photos.
 

Here is a close up I took earlier in the week right after I took it off the quilting frame and it's a good thing I did because we have not had any sun for 4 days.

A simple star and loops filled the border and all the straight lines are done with a wavy line.  It went quickly as there was no stitch in the ditch.


I used an 8 inch circle ruler for all the curves in the center, working my way back and forth across the quilt.  It went fast.

Back

Close up of back.


Thank you Billie!

2 comments:

  1. Your quilts have always amazed me, but now I have a new appreciation for them! You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...