Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thimbleberries Lodge Sampler

Love these fall colors~!
I quilted this same sampler for another customer a year ago.  I did not look back at my previous photos to get ideas.  Now that was hard.  I often go back over my past photos to get ideas for current quilts I am working on.  
It's pretty hard to see the quilting on the front so I mixed it up with photos of the back.
Different leaf patterns in each border.
The green strip is pine needles?  I showed it to my husband and he didn't recognize it as such . . . said it looked more like tumble weeds.  Whatever!   
I reduced these gold setting triangles by quilting an inch wide frame around them.  I like the way it sets the leaf pattern away from the other fabrics.









1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, the frame in the triangle is very effective in setting off the inside of the triangle. The other quilting is just superb too! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...