Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wedding Quilt

My customer is making this quilt for her niece's wedding.  The size is 99 x 99, so these sixteen blocks are each 19 inches square.  Her piecing was perfect and her quilt is perfectly square.

Hmmm.....how often have I wished that I had larger blocks to quilt?

Well, I found out that it is really challenging to quilt large blocks without breaking them down into smaller spaces.  
After listening to my client, here is what I came up with:

The curved lines in the brown flow clockwise and the floral design in the green curve counter clockwise.  With my favorite school chalk, I chalked in arrows to remind me which way I was going in each block, because I could only get half a pinwheel in my quilting area.  Still, I would head off in the wrong direction more than once!
There is a secondary feathery windmill in the blue background.
Back 
The 10 inch border is a large open freehand swirly floral to match the blocks.
Back 
She chose washable wool batting and this quilt is just as soft and cuddly as can be~!

5 comments:

LynCC said...

what pretty quilting!

Diane E W said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for all the tips. Would you mind sharing where you purchase your templates and panographs?

Cindy Lou said...

Your quilting is amazing! The next quilt that I make that needs quilting like the above, I'd love to hire you! Beautiful!

rooee said...

just gorgeous, how many quilting hours???

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Another great quilting job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...