Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rhyme Time Quilt

So . . . about 6 weeks ago, I got a text from my brother-in-law in Pennsylvania.  He needed a quilt for his brand new niece and would see this family in upper New York at Christmas.  After texting back and forth, I got an idea of what to make and decided on this cute fabric:

Rhyme Time by Annabelle Rose for Wilmington Fabrics.
Mother Goose is here with her entourage. 
 Strategic cutting gives you a whole horizon of nursery rhymes.

Notice "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" in the diagonal stripe border.
 "The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe" is center stage.
More rhymes printed on the light green. 
Of course, I put Minky on the back. 
Hey, it's an old fashioned "I Spy"quilt with lots of things to discover!

I texed him back today to let him know it is all boxed up along with a couple of boxes of Christmas Candy and will be on it's way tomorrow.
Ho, Ho, Ho!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely Darling!!! I was recently introduced to minky and I can't stop feeling it!! I don't have grandkids yet, but when I make their quilts they will backed with minky!! Thanks for sharing. Very Blessed Christmas to you and all your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a lovely quilt! And aren't you talented to be able to draw a circle with the nursery fabrics. Very clever! When I have grandkids (if ever) I'd like to make them this quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, although you haven't taken the "process pledge", you might consider talking about how this design came about. It really might help some people make that leap from kits to self-designed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is delightful!
    Love leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute quilt! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute. I love the fabric, I might have to check for availablity. It would make great Down syndrome baby quilts. And of course love the quilting. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for all of your help.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...