Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sweet Applique' #6

I quilted until I ran out of thread last night....took that as a sign to call it a day. I need to wind a few more bobbins this morning as I only have one spool of this color thread left (more ordered and on the way).
See all those empty pegs toward the bottom of my thread rack?  That's where all my neutrals are and they are thinning out fast.  Cotton threads on the top by Signature.  Polyester threads by Superior fill the bottom half.  Oh, and the very top row is there all my serger threads hang out.  I make all my hubby's flannel shirts with my serger.  I think that deserves it's own blog post someday.
120 spool thread rack hand made by my hubby.
I always order at least 2 cones of each color so I have one for the bobbin winder and one to leave on the machine.  I know, some of you are thinking why I don't get the prewound bobbins....because I like to match my threads for each quilt and it only takes a few minutes to wind a few bobbins.  While they are winding, I oil and clean my machine, rails, table and surrounding area.

Anyhow, on to the quilt at hand...
I finished  up the 2 matching blocks that flank the center medallion:


Center of the quilt

Now, I am quilting in the backfill on the feathers around all 8 of these gold colored setting triangles


....it's snowing again today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...