Thursday, April 2, 2015

Quilt of Valor #69

Quilt of Valor made by Al Lind.

Yesterday, I finished quilting my 20th top made by Al Lind. Several years ago, I sent Al a large box of scraps and a couple cones of thread for piecing. I lived in Idaho at the time; now, I live in Ohio. When one of the QOV coordinators sent me this top a couple months ago, I put it in the drawer until I had time to quilt it. As I was quilting it I noticed some fabric I once had, and them saw some more fabric I recognized, and then some more.  By the time I had finished, I found 30 different fabrics I had once use to make quilts. I knew it was not simply a coincidence when I found 2 pieces of "African Mud Cloth" I had purchased at HMQS several years ago for a special commissioned project.  Lots of memories and thoughts of Al as I was quilting this top.

  It's a pretty small world. 



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...