Sunday, March 19, 2017

Design Wall

...so while I was waiting for a packet of fabric in the mail...

I started this large block quilt and it was on my design wall for a couple of days.
Now, before you get excited, the applique center is made from cheater fabric.  I could never do this type of applique.  I would never have enough patience.

...
I need to make an I Spy baby quilt for a boy, so I ordered a packet of pre-cuts from Etsy.
Once it came, I took this down. 


Here is what I replaced it with, I just finished this I Spy flimsy tonight and am excited about the bright colors.

 All the blocks are bordered with leftover fabric from this quilt.


How fun is that? 









1 comment:

  1. Cheater fabric is the way to go. I picked up a lovely book on applique at the thrift store today, thumbed thru it, and put it back on the shelf, since I knew that I'd never even attempt any of those blocks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...