Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Hands2Help 2020

For the 10th year, I am joining the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge.  You an read about all the great charities to choose from this year at Confessions of a Fabric Addict .  Sarah started and has hosted this great quilt drive for all 10 years: she is an amazing person!

Today is May 19th, I see that I started this post on March 12th, just before my world went to hell in a handbasket: Corona, I trumped you March 26th, with the death of my husband and my breast cancer mastectomy surgery on the very same day!

I have always said that quilting was my therapy and it continues to be my therapy.


I have also put my quilting aside, made and donated over a hundred masks.


In addition, my therapy consisted of defrosting the garage deep-freezer, cleaning out the entire garage, painting the spare bedroom, repeatedly mowing the lawn, planting the garden, setting up my drip system for my deck plants and getting my planters full of colorful flowers for summer.

Here is a stack of 8 Comfort Quilts for Hands 2 Help 2020 Quilts.


Boxed and will be ready to ship to Quilts of Compassion as soon as they are accepting deliveries.



 




 Ready to ship to Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo.



These remaining 4 baby quilts will all be shipped to Little Lambs Foundation.

 

























4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your husband, and also the breast cancer. Do you need chemo? My mother only had to have radiation therapy. Nice quilts. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - THat is some amazing Therapy!!! I did not realize that both of those events happened the same day! You have been in my mind and thoughts a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness......first please accept my condolences on the loss of your dear hubby. It looks like you have been doing many things to occupy your time and your mind. Bless you for blessing others. Your quilts are lovely and will keep someone warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, I am so sorry to hear about your husband! Also your surgery, which I know would have been difficult to go through alone. Thank you for taking time to be part of Hands2Help 2020!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...