Wednesday, September 28, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids




These quilts were made for the "100 Quilts for Kids" quilt-a-long.


Thanks to Kate over at Swim/Bike/Quilt for hosting a linky party where you can see lots of other quilts made for "100 Quilts for Kids."
This is adapted from a pattern in Amy Ellis's book, "Modern Basics"

A few appliqued stars
I like pieced bindings; but, I love pieced backs!  By using up a few scraps, makes a length of fabric so much more versatile!
A couple months ago, I promised Diane over at Dew Quilting that I would participate and send this along to the Down Syndrome Assoc. of Middle TN in honor of her son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This second quilt is flannel top and bottom, pieced in random sized strips.
 I had just enough pieces left over to stretch out this length of daisy fabric to cover the back!
This quilt will be donated to the Boise/SW Idaho/E Oregon Project Linus Chapter.
Don't forget to check out Kate's linky party to see all the wonderful Quilts for Kids!

6 comments:

  1. OMG, it is gorgeous!!! So bright and cheerie. Someone is going to love this wrapped around their baby. I will e-mail you my address. Thank you so very much. I am so excited to be able to fulfill this dream of mine with help from my blog friends. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Ann! You did a great job - and I love your quilting!!! Diane will be (or obviously is!) over the moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. The swirls are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilts. Such great causes/organizations too. Love them! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like flannel in quilts! The quilting is especially gorgeous and I really like the colors for the second one. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun! Your quilting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...