Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January Wall Hanging

Better late than never~  I just finished this today!
Button Up by "Joined at the Hip"
For those of you that have been following my Mom's monthly wall hangings, I finally have 11 of them done!
You can see them all in this album: Monthly Wall Hangings I didn't get December's done because of lots of extenuating circumstances at my house November and December. But there's always next year.... 

I dug some old mismatched buttons from my button box for his vest . . .
If you look closely, you can see the tiny snowflake/stars in the blue background meander. 
For the large snowflakes, I used 1/4 inch strips of wool and just stitched down the middle of the strips leaving the tips loose to all to the 3D effect. 
Yeah, I know, he is a bit hippy, but at least he's not going to fall over!
~Here's to a Great New Year~



4 comments:

  1. Love the special quilting, especially loving the quilting on the vest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you had 12 completed - now I know. The snowman is cute as can be. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still January, so, he isn't late. Just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute! I love him. He would be just in time for us. Our first winter snow flakes are in the forecast for tonight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...