Monday, May 22, 2017

Design Wall Monday

I found another unfinished project when I cleaned out my studio.  I got this as a kit, (on sale ) and started piecing this in 2008.  I was going to use it for a practice quilt...as I had just gotten my APQS longarm. But, I got so busy quilting that I never had time to finish this top.

Good thing I had all the diamond strips already pieced or this fabric would just go back into my newly organized stash for another project. I have long since lost the pattern, so I am just winging it from scant memory, that and the fact that I had everything pre-cut and labeled!  Everything but the applique....but I will figure that out later.


Surprisingly, my past self did an excellent job of piecing so it went together with nice sharp points.  I got all the diagonal cut strips enclosed with sashing so now I can start making the folk art flower appliques that will go in the negative spaces.  





2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I like it, and it will be even prettier with the appliqué added.

em's scrapbag said...

Fun find! Glad you were able to remember how it went together. Can't wait to see it with the applique.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...