Well, it's a quilt now and I am excited to see how it worked out.
I had several goals with this quilt:
1) To preserve this lady's 6 surviving blocks from vintage fabrics and make sure the blocks themselves were not altered from her original work.
2) Somehow use up her collection of 4 patch blocks (that didn't match anything) in the same quilt.
3) To make this really simple quilt rock with some interesting quilting...nothing traditional.
4) This is for her grandson for his wedding...he and his fiance are ranch kids.
4) To only use what was in my stash.
Goal #2 The back
Goal #3 & 4
Goal #5 Everything but her blocks were from my stash of fabric and thread.
Would I have ever picked out all this for a quilt? Not in a million years.
But...I think it's a great save for this lady's blocks to be passed on to her grandson.