Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vintage Blocks Have a Home!

Whoot!  It's quilted and I am thrilled with the back....the front's not bad either.


I started to quilt a separate design in the borders but after looking on the back, I decided it detracted from the back....I love the back.

So, I did a freehand overall. 
You will find it interesting that I used "Grizzly Bear" So Fine thread by Superior.
Look how it magically blends with different colors.  Here is looks rose colored:
Here is looks blue 
It blends nicely with the yellow. 
It actually takes on a bluish/green tone in the yellow. 




I will bind it in the morning.  I need to decide what color I will use.
I think I will sleep on it....


5 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! Pattern, quilting, border and back. Love the back. Quilting thread was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent finish - front AND back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing your thread choice. I'm not sure I would have even tried it, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have taken pictures of how the thread goes so well with all the different colors used in the quilt! This is a fantastic thing to teach to customers because they don't necessarily understand how this is so :) Thank you for the post and wonderful quilting of course!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...