Monday, June 26, 2017

Receiving Blanket

Just sewed up this little receiving blanket for my great, great nephew out in Colorado...

...how can I be old enough for that?
I love making these and have a supply of flannels just for this occasion.

I learned to sew across the finished blanket diagonally in each direction to help prevent the flannels wrinkling up after washing many times.  I always prewash my fabrics, but still, flannel tends to stick to itself in weird ways when these blankets are used/washed many times.

These used to finish about 40x40, but flannel yardage is getting skimpier between the selvages, so instead of starting with a 44" square, I had to start with 42.5. Which finished at about 38.5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...