Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Around the World with Minky!

It's been a long time since I quilted a king sized quilt . . .
 . . . and the first time I backed such a large quilt with Minky!
My client made this "Trip Around the World" for a male and when I met with her I discussed quilting leaves.....  I don't know about you, but I find it harder to come up with ideas for masculine quilts!

With a thicker poly batting, it's really a comforter-like quilt so I didn't want the quilting to be very dense. 
I divided it up by quilting all four triangle corners with a Terry Twist all the way down to the rust colored blocks that reach out to all 4 centers. 

Then I quilted big fat freehand meandering leaves in the diamond center.
At 104 x 111, I really couldn't get a good photo showing the pattern on the back, but you can get a general idea here. 
This yummy combo is certainly going to keep someone warm this winter!




3 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! (again!!) Minky/cloud - did you thing of me? Have you every hand quilted Minky? I'm making a baby quilt, and really want to hand quilt it, but just didn't know about the minky!

    Thanks and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, Ann...I can't imagine using that much minkie...but I bet its luxurious!! I just moved back here to Meridian a couple of weeks ago...will have to find out where you're located...since we moved, I obviously need to find someone else to quilt my quilts for me
    Have a blessed day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting really makes this quilt! Great job

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...