Sunday, May 27, 2012

H2H Charity Challenge

This is the second year I have participated in the Hands 2 Help Charity Challenge.  This year, we had 2 different charities we could choose to support.  You can read about the challenge here: H2H 2012

I chose to make 2 quilts for the Happy Chemo project, an organization that provides quilts and comfort to chemo patients:.  They will be sent to Ems Scrapbag--she set a goal to collect 1,500 quilts for Chemotherapy units throughout Utah. You could make quits for men, women and kids: I made a girl quilt and a boy quilt:

Fun freehand flowers tumbling over this yummy fabric.
The back is the same fabric as the outer border.
Flannel top, bottom and binding.

~~~~
This quilt is flannel also.
I had exactly one yard of the blue race car fabric in my stash.  I shopped for a complimentary flannel and found this bright green dot and added a little strip of black from my stash!

Maroi Moko by Judy Lyon of MeadowLyon Designs.

Also, in my stash was just enough black and white checkered cotton to make a fun binding to match!
I am linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict where everyone will show all the charity quilts that were made.  She will have the link open all week, so check back to see everyone's creations!

12 comments:

  1. Your quilts for a boy and a girl are beautiful. Wonderfully quilted. I'm sure they give the provide warmth, comfort and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are beautiful. I love the colors you picked for the girls quilt and the race cars are great. What a great gift from you for someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both quilts - so generous! The quilting on the girl quilt is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun quilts! The quilting is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just perfect for a girl and boy! Love the quilting on the pink one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun quilts and beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful quilts - wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of the green dots. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts (and your quilting!) are beautiful. Congrats on being able to make two for H2H. Great job. They are sure to bring lots of smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the quilting on those is just beautiful. I really like the binding on the boy quilt, the black and white really sets it off. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your qults are so pretty. I love the bright, cheerful colors and know they will bring cheer so someone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just found your blog today. I absolutely adore your charity quilts and your design wall directions. I am getting studio space soon and plan on beginning quilting. I just can't do it in a cramped space. Closterphobic! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...