Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Keeps me humble...

I was sitting here this morning in my sewing room and looking at the cover on my serger.....
This was the very first practice piece I ever did when I got my APQS Millennium quilting machine.  I used an old black sheet and quilted it with a spool of Signature Rainbows thread.
Quilted Feb. 2008
My girlfriend, who is also a quilter, told me to save it and I could look back one day and see my improvement.   About a year later, I cut it up and made covers for all my machines. 
Every time I walk in the studio, I see this original work and know how hard and long I have practiced to master these feathers.

 I also have this practice piece hanging in my studio to remind how far I have come.
Quilted January, 2014


2 comments:

  1. So Cool to see!! I love how far you have come and it definitely gives hope to people like me that desperately want to travel that far and can't wait until I have :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm teaching a beginning quilting class at my church. The first meeting I took my first quilt, and several newer ones to show my improvement. I wanted the ladies to know that you will improve with each quilt. Oh yea, most of these ladies have never even sewn anything before.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...