Monday, April 7, 2014

Vintage Fun!

Do you remember these?

This photo is a very true color.
  I posted a while back about using these vintage blocks here.

In my search for the perfect sashing fabric, I came across the holy grail of vintage fabrics--right in my own stash!!

Selvage to selvage
Whoot! 

...and the most perfect color too...
This helped to organize the chaos of the patchwork. I have to have organized scrappy. 

I didn't want to put cornerstones in the sashing because that would throw another scrap into the mix I had just tamed.  Here is what I do when you have to add a length of sashing between rows of blocks.

I press a mark at each intersection as if I had a cornerstone.
Then I pin the mark to the seam on the opposing row I am attaching, just like you would if were matching seams.


This makes a nice even grid without corner stones.

Ok, I am done for tonight. Tomorrow, I will put another blue/green (I wonder what they called that color?) border around this 12 block section and then think about what I will do next.

I have to come up with a plan to use some of these other blocks on the back.

I'm sure it will come to me in the middle of the night!




















2 comments:

  1. That fabric is perfect!

    I wonder why the width of fabric changed. . .was it machinery or convenience that precipitated the change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to admit I was wondering what the heck you were going to do with these blocks. They look wonderful now. Sashing looks great and the color....perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...