Saturday, April 30, 2011

Remembering Grandma

This is a Kim Diehl pattern.  My client made this wonderful quilt called "Remembering Grandma" from Kim's book Simple Traditions.
Kim is a local Idaho Girl.  That's not why I like her books, I like them because her quilts make be feel like I am visiting another generation.  
I have all of her books and I look through them often.  I even bought fabric to make a table topper for my dining room table . . . but have yet to make any of her quilts.
While I used more traditional quilting in the center, my favorite parts are the green borders. 
I love these little mirror-image, twirly, floral freehand designs.
Now, I am inspired to go and make my table topper.

1 comment:

  1. So nice!!! You sure didn't waste any time getting to another quilt! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...