Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some People Have Watchdogs

This Great Horned Owl has been in our yard all winter.  He has 3 favorite perches.  Tree #1, Tree #2 and his most favorite place is the top of the power pole.  We have shoveled snow and walked back and forth all winter and he has faithfully watched us as we came and went.  I wonder what he is thinking?
It is snowing--we have about 3.5 inches of new snow today.  Just enough to freshen up all the old crusty, starting-to-get-dirty snow.

Here he sits between the house and the studio.  I look for him everyday.  Everyday he is in one of his 3 perches.  Watching and waiting for spring.
I hope he is getting plenty of mice!  According to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, the Great Horned Owl is the only animal that regularly eats skunks.  Who knew?  We have a skunk around here that comes out every week to 10 days.  I hope my watch-owl is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...