Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Island Breeze

Y'all like leftovers?  I do!
You might recognize some of these fabrics from my past post.  I dug through my stash and added some other tropical flavor batiks to my leftovers from the last quilt I made.  I needed a birthday gift for a special lady and I had to have it done and in the mail tomorrow.  I love how simple it is, yet it's really cool!

I have seen this modern style all over bloggy land and had yet to try it out!
After sorting through my scraps, I grabbed some of this Riley Blake "Whisper White" solid (top bolt) to add to the quilt.  See, it's really not white at all, but a yummy silvery color. 
Here's where this all started, I measured this chunk of backing left from my last quilt and found I had just enough for a ~60 x 80 quilt plus some for binding. 
Quilted with a large swirly overall, labeled and ready to ship.
It's made with good vibes--pieced, quilted and bound to Jimmy Buffet and James Taylor~

3 comments:

  1. Very modern! Lovely quilting. WOW! Colorful backing. Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to remember to tell you when my birthday is. LOL! Doesn't it feel to get a twoofer out of fabric. Both quilts are beautiful. I couldn't leave a comment on the quilt you finished last week but I had to check it out, up close, all the the sea animals. Quilting was amazing. Love when you share how you do "things".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous gift. I love the simplicity of the design and how it allows the fabric to be the star. Nice job on the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...