Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring in Idaho

We have finally received some warm weather!  
My old Apricot tree is just full of bumble bees.  These are the "big as your thumb" bumble bees. 
A northbound butterfly stopped by to have lunch.
Funny, it really doesn't look like much from a distance!  This old tree is beautiful when it is all leafed out.
Spring plowing is done and the fall wheat is green.
The days are sunny with a cool breeze blowing off of the snow drifts on Black Pine Mountain.
Spring planting just tall enough to see across the furrows!
This is the view from my deck just outside the kitchen door.
Not much quilting going on, but lots of farming getting done!  Busy time of year for us here in the valley.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! Thanks for showing such wonderful pictures for us to enjoy! We don't have mountains in Nashville, so I don't get to see them unless I travel - or see them in a generous quilter's blog :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pics - such a pretty place you live in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your farm is located in some beautiful country! Looks like you will have a nice apricot yield this year. Do you make jam?

    When I see equipment working the fields, I miss living in the country. Lots of farming activity going on here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. You live in a stunning part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos! Love the green green greens in all your shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I rode through Idaho a few years ago and thought it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a wonderful view out your window. Love the mountains, makes me miss my old home. Knew you must be planting or something, haven't heard much out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture show, Ann. The green in the valleys certainly picks up one's spirits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...