Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wrestling T-Shirt Quilt

Whew~!  One last quilt wrapped up to deliver tomorrow for Christmas.

I love surprises!  These are some high school championship wrestling t-shirts that were given to me to make into a quilt.  The owner of the shirts is now helping coach wrestling at his old high school.
I think his wife was pretty excited when I told her I was going to be able to get it done on time for her to give to him.

Shirts all cut and sewn together--ready to quilt.
I was really excited to find a maroon flannel with gold stars for the backing!
Gold plaid flannel for the binding.

Gold Thread- top and back

I am always amazed at the transformation of a pile of wrinkled shirts . . .
 . . . a few hours later . . .
I think he will be pleased to wrap up in this cozy reminder of his hard work in high school. 
~Merry Christmas~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...