Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Sampler

I had a great time quilting this sampler.  My client told me to quilt it as I liked~!  Some of the smaller blocks are repeated; but they are all quited differently.  Be forewarned-- I couldn't decide which pictures to post, so I ended up with lots of photos.
The 2 x 6 inch block dividers in the border all have the same quilting, as do the rose colored blocks in the border.
Just as I took this off the frame this evening, the sun was setting and the light was perfect for capturing the quilting texture.  I didn't have time to clean up the quilt, so you might see a few stray threads here and there.


Here are a few front and back photos of individual blocks.

A close up . . .




Some of the blocks were printed designs.  I outlined them to look like appliqué. 

Different quilting can really change the looks of a block.
Focus on the interior of the piecing.

Focus on the quilt pattern. 

Focus on the exterior of the piecing. 




1 comment:

  1. Just stunning work!! Really really really fabulous. I can only hope to get this good some day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...