Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Elk Quilt

This client used some pretty wildlife panels to make this queen sized quilt.

It's not heavily quilted with crosshatching in the picture centers and stitch in the ditch outlining.
When I received this top, she had already marked this cable in the bright blue sashing!
It has textured Minky on the back.  I used these two colors of thread.  The nice thing about Minky, it that you can use any color thread and it hardly shows on the back, it melts into the pile. 
This is going to keep someone warm next winter!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect for a long afternoon nap or wrapped up with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now my hubby wants one. I wonder if the elk panel is old or a newer line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed all these last of your blog posts!! This elk quilt is lovely! Such a nice simple quilting pattern to enhance the lovely fabric!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...