Monday, April 1, 2013

April Showers . . .

Yay!  I finally finished up this sweet little April wall hanging for my Mom.


I started this monthly project over a year ago and only got Feb. and March finished.  I finally decided that I had to take time to catch up and finish these . . . one for each month.  I remarked to my hubby a couple of weeks ago that I just didn't seem to have time to get these done every month.  He said, "Sure you do, you just choose to use your time for other things."  

After a few moments of silence, I had to agree with him . . . and take a dose of my own medicine.  I have often used the following quote and instantly it flashed through my mind:

"Don't say you don't have enough time.  You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein."
--H. Jackson Brown Jr. 

So, without further ado, I promise to continue to finish these (one per month) until they are all done.

As a little background, here are the 2 months from last year.  The inspiration and patterns came from the Buttoned Up  collection from "Joined at the Hip."
Link to February



~April~

As they say, April showers bring May flowers.
With mother nature being so confused this year; I think the flowers will have to wait until June to appear. However, I am happy how this turned out. 
I dug through my scrap bin for just the right colors.  With the exception of the muslin backing, everything for this project came from my scrap bin.  I even used up a couple of small pieces of batting I had saved.  If you are interested, here's how I piece batting.

Once again I remind myself just how valuable this junky looking pile of scraps can be.  I have to smile when I hear someone say, "It didn't cost me anything because it was made from scraps I had on hand."  

Those scraps cost $$/yard once...and they are still worth $$/yard.

I love how the tulips appear to be joyously swaying and bobbing in the storm, while the rain drops appear to be all business as they do their job!  Quilting can really provide emotion to a piece.
Can't wait to get started on May.

After all, I have plenty of time and according to H. Jackson Brown Jr. I am in good company!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to brighten your Mother's Day and to show her just how much you love her.

    I love the driving rain above the umbrella. It will be fun to see these as you finish them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...