Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Quilt of Valor #65

This Quilt of Valor was made by the Central Massachusetts Quilts of Valor group.

~ It's made of crumbs~


All the colored strips are crumb strips, some have up to 20 different fabric pieces sewn together.
I chalked in a dozen randomly placed stars, echoed them, and then quilted the rest of the top with swirls.  Swirls are great to quilt down all those itty bitty pieces of fabric.

I used navy blue thread top and bottom.  The back is a tiny red/white pin stripe and since you can't really see much quilting on this brightly colored top, the navy makes a nice contrast on the back.  

I
I think I like how it turned out.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how it turned out. Nicely done!

    Nancy - WyomingBreezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. Colorful and happy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...