Saturday, April 4, 2015

Works in Progress

I like to have a piecing project and a quilt on the frame.  I work better this way, when I get tired of standing, I can go sit and piece:


This quilt top needs a lot of pinning and careful stitching to make sure all these points a sharp and meet perfectly.  It's tedious work....so I take a break and do some fun freehand quilting in this fun top I am quilting for my sister-in-law for one of her granddaughters.


I know it's not everyone's style of work, but I get a lot more done this way if I pace myself between projects. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree....I have a quilt in the frames that I'm hand quilting....one on the Tiara ai am machine quilting, and something being pieced in the sewing room. that way ai don't get too tired at any of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have different projects all over the house for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I have a quilt to cut, one to piece, and one to quilt. I like to be able to choose based on my mood! Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...