Friday, November 19, 2010

Red Rose Lap Quilt

I made this delightful little quilt for my client's grandmother.
She likes red!
I finished piecing the top 2 months ago and it has been patiently waiting its turn.
 All of the small black center triangles and the single cream center are 3 dimensional.
 These large black triangles are 3-D also.  They are not prairie points, because they are faced, stitched and then turned before they were applied.
They just stuck up too much after the rest of the area was quilted so I quilted them with a little swirl to hold them in place.
The binding always makes such a great statement for a quilt!
The pattern had square corners.  I cut them off because I liked this look with the rest of the quilt design--echoing the diagonal center of the quilt.
The back.
I used black, red and cream thread on the top and red on the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...