Saturday, October 15, 2011

Baby Quilt

My clients make the cutest quilts!
Don't you just love that one little brown block . . .
 . . . and the plaid border?
Waterworld pantograph by Jodi Beamish

Most of my quilting is done with 'So Fine' thread from Superior Threads. They ship it out the same day and usually it's only 2-3 days to get an order. I appreciate that. For my basics and neutrals, I always order 2 cones of each color, that way, I can fill my bobbins with one cone and keep the other cone threaded through the needle.

This was quilted with #403-Putty.  I rarely use white thread unless the fabric is bright pure white . . . and then I have 4 colors of white!  When you audition thread color for a quilt, if you pull out about 3 feet of thread from your cone/spool and lay it on the fabrics, you will get a better feel for what you want for your color selection. Usually, I choose 3-4 cones from my thread rack, then narrow it down to the one that is just right.
Here the thread looks light blue . . .

 . . . now it looks green . . .

. . . now it's beige . . .

Fun bumpy Minky on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...