Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christmas Quilt #1

I am making a quilt for my granddaughter for Christmas.  I asked her last summer what colors she would like.  Without hesitation, she said, blue, lime green and gray.
Here we are:

See that chiffon to the left?  I have not sewn on chiffon since prom dresses in high school.  What do you know, it hasn't gotten any easier to manage......

I was inspired by my sister-in-laws quilt I just finished in my last post.  So I made a top similar to that one.

I found some matching velvety rick-rack in my trimmings/ribbons stash drawer, struggled through the chiffon and love how these blocks turned out.

 Here is the finished top.  I am waiting for the lime green backing to arrive.  I plan to use some left over blocks in a horizontal line in the back and also will piece her name on the back.  Can't wait to get started on the back.








2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, she is going to love this quilt! Such pretty colors and the chiffon is a fun accent. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful - I love her color choices!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...