Thursday, March 22, 2018

H2H Twins!

As you might have read in my last post,
 I was working on a plan for these scraps left over from this 2009 quilt.
It started with a simple 9 patch and an alternating block with a colored center, the farther I went the more I disliked it...I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.
I pulled out all the alternate blocks and stuck them to the side on my flannel design wall.  I added solid neutral blocks between the 9 patches.

Hmmmm....Look what I started to see.
And then it needed a separation border.

I really liked this!

By the way,

I whipped out forty 9-patch blocks and my quilt was approaching queen sized.
Way to big for the


So, I spent some time with my calculator and determined I had just enough yellow for borders for 2 quilts!

Don't you just love this fabric!

I made this 60 x 60 quilt....


...and this 54 x 54 quilt.

Yes, I squeezed out 2 quilts from these scraps by adding 2 yards of this complimentary neutral.


Nothing left but some shavings and a couple of strips.

Pop over to 'Confessions of a Fabric Addict' and check out the 









2 comments:

  1. ❤️ It's good to see your quilt projects again. The borders look fantastic with the nine patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when a plan fails but works out much better? Love your 2 quilts for H2H someone is going to love these.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...