Saturday, April 26, 2014

WIP

Work in progress update--

Churning out a few more blocks for the Crown Royal quilt. I am able to use a rotary cutter to cut out the bags, but it's slow and tedious and I need every mm of fabric to make these blocks.

I spent about 4 house marking this top for a client in MN. Can't wait to get it on the frame!
I always take a few photos of the quilt and then print them out in B&W so I can doodle on the to come up with a design.

Then, I translate it to the quilt top.



2 comments:

  1. You are so clever to use photographs to plan the quilting. I loved seeing that step in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fussy cutting takes time, but when the block is finished, the time is well spent.

    SEW creative to use those bags in a quilt block.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...